Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I choose LAIT BABY products?
- Can I purchase LAIT BABY directly?
- Does LAIT BABY provide a baby shower gift list of its products on sale?
- Are the products safe?
- Are the materials used harmful?
- How long can I use the cot?
- How long can I use the crib?
- Why do the crib and cot not have bumper pads?
- Are the crib and cot easy to assemble?
- Why does the Giardino cot not have a bed base with wooden slats?
Why should I choose LAIT BABY products?
- All our products are tested by the Italian Institute for Toy Safety in accordance with current regulations and guarantee maximum safety;
- The transparency is a priceless advantage because parents can calmly watch over the newborn while the baby itself feels an integral part of its surroundings;
- The “cosleeping” possibility offered by the Oceano cradle is extremely important for the well-being of the newborn and is also convenient for the parents;
- The Giardino cot is a product which can be used for several years thanks to the methacrylate sides and wooden panels which are inserted and removed without tools;
- The mattresses, anti-mite and bamboo fibre version, and all the accessories complete the high quality line of products dedicated to ensuring baby’s rest;
- The products offer functionality but also a unique, innovative design which can enhance any bedroom.
Can I purchase LAIT BABY directly?
Does LAIT BABY provide a baby shower gift list of its products on sale?
Are the products safe?Yes, the products all comply with current regulations. In particular the Oceano crib, the Giardino cot and the Neve changing unit have been tested by the Italian Institute for Toy Safety and comply respectively with EN1130-1 and EN1130-2 (cribs and cradles for domestic use), EN716-1 and EN716-2 (children’s cots), EN 12221-1:2008 and EN 12221-2:2008 (changing units for domestic use).
Are the materials used harmful?
No. All the materials are completely non-toxic: the methacrylate is also 100% recyclable and the paints used for the wooden parts are water-based and comply with current regulations; the transparent sides make it much easier to see stains or dirt and thus guarantee a perfect hygiene.
How long can I use the cot?
The cot can be used from birth (perhaps with the help of a reduction device) up to the age of three and even for a longer period depending on the height of the child.
How long can I use the crib?
The crib is important from birth to 6-8 months; again the growth of the baby must be taken into consideration: height and freedom of movement (freedom to sit or stand up) are important factors.
Why do the crib and cot not have bumper pads?
LAIT BABY supplies the crib and cot and all accessories which can ensure baby has the maximum quality of sleep, but does not consider padding necessary because:
Bumper pads limit visibility and do not comply with the new concept of LAIT BABY which is to provide transparent sides;
Pads have been proven to be the cause of suffocation, do not reduce the risk of bumps to a great extent and can be a source of dust and mites in the child’s bed;
Bumpers are not used in North European countries and a recent European Commission Guideline (L.170/39 published in the European Union Official Journal of 06.07.2010) sets out and underlines the risks prior to modification of this product by the manufacturers (click here to download the article in version PDF);
A better and more practical solution is a reduction cushion: this accessory can be used on any bed allowing the child to feel at home in another room or during a sleep-over with grandparents thanks to the scent and “cosseted” sensation.
Are the crib and cot easy to assemble?
Certainly. All the parts have been projected for easy assembly following the instructions; furthermore, it is convenient to be able to remove the transparent sides and the wooden panels (without tools) to clean any stains and to air mattresses and sheets daily.
Why does the Giardino cot not have a bed base with wooden slats?
LAIT BABY has decided to provide the cot with a flat base of birch plywood for the following reasons:
To guarantee your child a deep, healthy sleep, a good orthopedic mattress such as the one supplied is all you need, especially if you consider that the child’s weight is insignificant during its early years;
The birch plywood structure guarantees better fatigue resistance when the Giardino cot is used as a divan and place to play while parents look on;
The removal of the sides is the perfect solution to allow air to circulate, thus protecting the mattress from mould or humidity and the open spaces between the slats of traditional bases are therefore unnecessary.